(46,XY,+EtOH)

Monday, October 03, 2005

The internet is TEEMING with people!

It's a momentous time in this blog's history. Now that it gets about 52 hits per week, other DocAmazings are coming out of the woodwork. I just recently received a 'cease and desist' post from another DocAmazing, asking me not to 'flood the market'. I assume this was meant to either close the blog or change the name (probably the latter). This is one of the problems with the 'internet'. The internet is full of people. Chock full. There are people pouring out of the seams. At least a million of them.

In this melange of people there is bound to be some name overlap. Go to any forum and there is a NiteShadow, but I doubt these are all the same NiteShadow. One could be a 13 year old boy posting about how cool Insane Clown Posse is, and another could be a 14 year old boy posting about how "teh r0xorZ!!11!" Insane Clown Posse is. You could get dizzy trying to work out the implications of such a split personality until you realize that the internet is just damned full of people. You can't miss em'. At least a hundred thousand of them.

However, in respect for the name DocAmazing, I will include a little disclaimer that this Doc is not the craigslist or the netherotarecords Doc. My internet sphere is much smaller and, frankly, better decorated. I think I'll stay here.

----------------
For an update on NiteShadow:
NiteShadow races Honda hatchbacks
NiteShadow has animated girls melting in his hands
NiteShadow is Death
NiteShadow hasn't sat on any good Goethe books lately
NiteShadow feels Mexican spices are below him
NiteShadow writes Melissa Joan-Hart for spiritual guidance

7 Comments:

Anonymous DocAmazing said...

Doc-2--

Well, it's a start. You might also mention that I've had this handle since about 1992--used it for cartoons in med school (my "Gross Anatomy" series). I am curious what your inspiration for "Doc Amazing" was--for me, it was a homage/rip-off of Doc Savage, the pulp magazine character of the 'thirties (www.blackmask.com). If it was suggested to you by a friend, you might have Googled the thing first. Ah, well.

Enjoy the manipulative medicine studies. You're probably at the best part of your education right now--though attendings my delight in pimping you, you can relax in the knowledge that ultimate blame does not fall on you. Wait ten years, and you'll develop a keen appreciation for the concept of "liability". Don't fret--you'll adapt to it; we all did. What's your next clerkship?

1:05 PM, October 04, 2005

 
Anonymous NiteShadow said...

I just want you to know that I am the original NiteShadow (the one who feels Mexican spices are below him). I've been NiteShadow since October 8, 1980, when I wrote a journal entry in 4th grade Reading class, using it as a pseudonymn. All the other NiteShadows out there are pretenders to the name.

In fact, my name is SO original, I have no doubt that all those other so-called NiteShadow losers copied me out of envy and spite. I'm serious. They did it on purpose.

I mean, really, who on earth would ever think to put the words "Nite" and "Shadow" together, especially with the word "Nite" misspelled. (Now, Nightshade on the other hand, is a totally common, plebian name.)

Clearly, It's obvious that anyone who calls himself "NiteShadow" must have copied it from me. There's no way it could have been an original thought -- I mean, there's only a couple thousand people on the Internet, after all.

3:30 PM, October 05, 2005

 
Blogger Clive Dangerously said...

Doc senior and Doc junior should engage in Mortal Kombat to see which one is truly amazing.

10:38 AM, October 08, 2005

 
Anonymous LamontCranberry said...

copy a handle,
reveal the limits of
your creative reach

2:51 PM, October 08, 2005

 
Anonymous lamontcranberry said...

oh, and by the way,
the right word is "motherlode".
you are quite welcome.

2:55 PM, October 08, 2005

 
Blogger Athenas-Blade said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:57 PM, October 08, 2005

 
Blogger Caryn said...

Wait. So the "original" Doc Amazing actually borrowed his nickname, and are mad at you for coming up with the title as well? Sorry. No copyright on things like that!

Oh, and thanks for the laugh. You have a very humorous way of putting things. Hard to believe you don't have a wider audience yet.

11:38 AM, October 12, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home